We are delighted to announce that Heidelberg Instruments has invested in the Swiss high-tech company SwissLitho AG. Heidelberg Instruments has acquired 70% of the shares, the remaining 30% of the shares are held by the founders and Managing Directors Felix Holzner and Philipp Paul. Both parties have confirmed that the current management of SwissLitho AG will continue to lead and develop the company in Zurich. Completion of the transaction is expected in Q1/2018.
According to Martin Wynaendts, CEO of Heidelberg Instruments, the partial acquisition of SwissLitho is the first step in a focused expansion of Heidelberg Instruments’ core business to include a wider range of equipment and state-of-the-art developments in the lithography market. With the investment in SwissLitho AG, Heidelberg Instruments will be able to serve customers with an additional choice of tools and options in the Nano- and Microlithography field. SwissLitho’s technology in fact has been shown in the past to be capable of writing structures smaller than 10 nm. The team of SwissLitho consists of highly skilled and enthusiastic innovators and constitutes the perfect partner for Heidelberg Instruments.
Dr. Felix Holzner, CEO and co-founder of SwissLitho emphasized that the association of the two companies will benefit SwissLitho’s existing as well as potential customers and employees. With access to the global service and sales network of Heidelberg Instruments, SwissLitho will be able to gain additional visibility and trust for its revolutionary technology in all parts of the world. In collaboration with Heidelberg Instruments, they will also be in a position to develop new technologies and products to serve the R&D community as well as selected industrial applications.
About Heidelberg Instruments:
With an installation base of over 800 systems in more than 52 countries, Heidelberg Instruments Mikrotechnik GmbH is a world leader in production of high-precision maskless lithography systems. Due to their flexibility, these systems are used in research, development and industrial applications for direct writing and photomask production by some of the most prestigious universities and industry leaders in the areas of MEMS, BioMEMS, Nano Technology, ASICS, TFT, Plasma Displays, Micro Optics, and many other related applications.
For more information, please visit http://www.himt.de
SwissLitho is a young high-tech company with the vision to change the way nanostructures are commonly made. Their multiple-patented nanolithography technology, called NanoFrazor, was originally invented at IBM Research Zurich as a successor of a new concept for data storage – the so called Millipede memory. Heatable silicon tips are used for direct patterning of arbitrary 2D and 3D nanostructures and for simultaneous imaging of the tiny nanostructures. The extreme patterning and imaging resolution down to single nanometers and the fact that the NanoFrazor process, unlike conventional nanolithography technologies, does not damage delicate emerging materials open up various new and unprecedented possibilities for all fields of nanotechnology. Since its foundation in 2012, the multi-national and interdisciplinary team of SwissLitho has received many of the most prestigious national and international start-up and technology awards. SwissLitho’s NanoFrazor lithography systems are installed at leading research institutions in more than 8 countries.
For more information, please visit http://www.swisslitho.com