Technologies need to be accessible to ensure all people have access to digital life. The possibilities of innovative inclusion technologies above all are a chance for society. This is the topic of the first European M-Enabling Forum, taking place September 27, 2018 alongside REHACARE.
The „Global Initiative for Inclusive Information and Communication Technology“ (G3ict), an institution of the United Nations and the exhibition managment company E.J. Krause & Associates Inc. are setting stage for this conference and showcase. Since 2011 the organizers gather disability organizations, hightech companies and standardization and regulation bodies to discuss about „mobile enabling”, annually in Washington DC. The Düsseldorf M-Enabling Forum will be setting the focus on Europe for the first time.
Inmaculada Plancencia Porrero from the EU Commission will open the conference with a keynote about the latest status of the new European Accessibility Act. Six panels with international experts will talk in depth on varios aspects of the topic. After each panel questions and answers by the audience are planned. Between the sessions the foyer offers room for meeting and networking with coffee and snacks. The showcase invites to get in touch with the manufacturers and experience technology live as for example the first tactile braille tablet for blind and visually impaired people.
The panels will highlight the conference topics on different aspects:
– Unlimited Creativity: already today, as never before, we have assistive technology supporting senior citizens, people with disabilities and care personnel. Users talk about their experiences and discuss chances of future developments.
– Innovative Applications: latest products and services for participation, education, workplace, entertainment, health and social life. Special emphasis laid on technologies which are already in use for speech recognition and sign language.
– Policies, Programs and Strategies: which legal framework and standards are necessary and helpful to support accessibility.
– From Commitments to Implementation: The role of education and certification to ensure that everything digitally designed is accessible to everyone.
– Case Studies to Accessible Environments: What support can be expeted from the internet of things (IOT), smart homes, smart cities and remote mobile care services.
– Smart Accessibility as Engine of Prosperity for all society: Inclusion is a benefit for people with disabilities and it is a chance for the whole society.
The transformation to reality, acceptance in the workaday life – is the challenge for all people and it includes an enormous potential. The panel „Smart Accessibility Enging of Prosperity for all Society“ is addressing this overall topic. Inclusion as a chance and as a global trend for all.
The conference will have simultaneous translation and Real Time Captioning will be available in both languages. G3ict and EJK would like to thank ONCE Foundation for their great support.
EJK, G3ict and Messe Düsseldorf are pleased to hold REHACARE (September 26-29, 2018) and the M-Enabling Forum (September 27, 2018) in parallel.
“We are very excited to welcome the M-Enabling Forum to Düsseldorf during REHACARE 2018. With so many overlapping themes and target groups the two events are sure to complement each other well. There is really no better location and time for the Forum to make its debut in Germany,” said Joachim Schäfer, Managing Director Messe Düsseldorf.
“With the European Accessibility Act poised to accelerate the adoption of accessible digital products and services across Europe, the timing of the M-Enabling Forum at REHACARE could not be better,” said Axel Leblois, President of G3ict, the Global Initiative for Inclusive ICTs. “ We very much look forward to facilitating a dynamic dialogue among European participants in the M-Enabling eco-system on the considerable emerging opportunities brought by the EAA for both industry and persons with disabilities.”
REHACARE attendees have complimentary access to the showcase. Registration for the conference is available onsite or via official website www.m-enabling-europe.com